Thursday, June 14, 2007

A2 Questionnaire: Marj Schloff


(Same 6 Questions, Different Victim)

Marj Schloff, Owner, Her Electric

Marj, what’s your favorite dish to cook?
We come home from work pretty late, so I don’t cook much. You know, I’ve always said that if I were going to hire something out, I’d get somebody to come in and cook dinner for us every night! But my daughter has come home from college for the summer and is quite the health nut, so she’s been cooking some fantastic meals.

It’s Friday night and you’re exhausted – what do you do for dinner?
There’s this place over in the Colonnade shopping mall called Bella Italia. They have great spaghetti and meatballs, and the gnocchi is good. The owner is always pleasant and friendly, too.

It’s Saturday night and you’re ready to go out and have a great time – what do you do?
We like to walk downtown and go to Palio. My partner likes the tortellini and salad, and I’m a big pasta fan – put anything in a bowl, and chances are I’ll like it. We also go to Prickly Pear sometimes –we don’t usually like to eat outside downtown because of the exhaust fumes and noise, so their back patio is nice.

What’s your favorite restaurant (besides Zingerman’s!) to take out-of-town guests?
Zingerman’s is one of my customers, and I like to support them! So we’ll go to the Roadhouse. The whole west side smells like their barbeque on some days, so by dinner you’re starving for it. And I like the mac and cheese, too.

What do you love about Ann Arbor that you think is unique among other cities?
I love the whole atmosphere, the shopping, the people. We are still a small town, but there’s so much to do. And how can you beat Summer Festival? Going down to Top of the Park or to a performance at Power Center. We’ve got tickets for the Capitol Steps this year.

Last question – if you were to write a Blues song about living in Ann Arbor, what would the title be?
“Goodbye Frieze Building, It’s the Demolition of Beautiful Buildings Blues”

No comments: